Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nightball


2009 Nightball T-Shirt

** Once again I have been chosen as the official T-shirt designer for the International Nightball Tournament. This year's design features a juxtaposition of a 1950's croquet rulebook with a brush wielding hand emerging from a serpent's mouth producing some graffiti. (blame my fascination with Mayan art for the latter)
Nightball, a lawn game using a standard croquet set is played during the night with balls and mallets on fire. The croquet set is usually consumed during play.

This years shirts are printed with pride by Curt Prestash of Curtcorp.

More on (de)clutter:


Ria's original mail art - awaiting collaboration



Additions to Ria's original

Last post I mentioned clutter and several comments were concerned whether I found any treasures. One major item was Ria's mail art (Ria of Painting2Cancers) which I had to finish my collaboration and mail off to a third party. My contribution was to add a bit of three dimensional fun to the piece and now it is safely in the hands of the postal service. On to a fellow mail artist for further modifications. When I spot it on FB or another blog I'll be sure to share.

4 comments:

Art said...

Nightball sounds amazing. You'll have to be careful not to singe the shirts.

Ria Vanden Eynde said...

Lovelovelove the shirt! :) Great job! 'Once again' you say, I'm not surprised if you come up with designs like that. Also came to check in on Mr. van Bambeeck ;) It so 'fits' what you did with it. Totally awesomely rocks!

William Evertson said...

Art - I think a singed Nightball shirt will bring a pretty penny on eBay.
Yes Ria that's Agatha's fan :)

Mineke Reinders said...

Cool T-shirt! I hope you'll post some photos of Nightball, it sounds very intriguing. On the subject of de-cluttering, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Yesterday, I saw an installation consisting of the messy contents of a room, in an art museum. This made me realize that my daughter's room is not just a cluttered mess, it's art!