Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sketchbook Project



I just sent off my journal to the Sketchbook Project.
I first learned about this from Corrine's great blog.  The project, co-ordinated
by Art House Co-op, is set to travel to eight venues this spring. They're supposed
to set up a link to the opening Feb. 27th, which I'll repeat here when it is up.




Artists were asked to submit small journals about 3.5 x 5.5 to
the project.



Although only loosely themed on the topic "Everyone I Know" it
soon became apparent I was going to tear out every page I worked on.
I ended unbinding the journal so I could use my own papers as well
as work in a more sculptural manner with cutouts, constructions 
and fold outs. 

9 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

What an exciting project to be part of.. I viewed a few of the sketchbooks... wow what a range.. will continue to peruse all they have up on their site...

Love what I see of yours too.. the blind and the eye!!! great concept! putting your own pages into your journal ... perfect... that is far more personal! the best to you...

laura said...

Oh my. What a fascinating project; I'll check out the other sketchbooks.
Love your Venetian blinds!

William Evertson said...

Thanks Gwen, I like these projects to push me in
slightly different directions I may not otherwise explore. Hi Laura- The blinds were a fun addition to the other cutting etc. I was incorporating.

jafabrit said...

Oh that is really cool. Yes I found the paper very limiting and a real challenge. I would LOVE to thumb through yours. I didn't realize you were doing it but glad you saw it on my blog and went for it.

I wanted to pull my hair out at times but I felt the same way in that I enjoyed the challenge.
I will look out for you at art house site :)

William Evertson said...

Thanks Corrine, I just started uploading some content to the Art Co-op site this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

I heard about this project--so cool you are involved. Your pages look very interesting!

Victoria Cummings said...

What a great project - I'll have to check it out. Your book looks really intriguing. Love the blinds and the eye and also the map.

William Evertson said...

Sarah and Victoria - Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I think I should make a link to my art page at the Art Co-op and upload some more content. so much do do this weekend.

Mineke Reinders said...

This is a wonderful project, Bill. So glad to see it. Sorry I've been out of touch so long.