Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Glassman



Some Photoshop play. I just upgraded and am trying to learn the 
new features. Just some basic play using some old files and images.
Remaking and recombining and trying some filters. Probably more
angst showing than I'm feeling because we're about to leave for
vacation! Maybe the angst comes from the fact that I don't have
a laptop to take with me. But nine days in Canada with just a 
camera and my sumi-e brushes might be just what I need. I have 
been practicing updating the blog with my iphone but don't 
expect much. Karen thinks I need a break from technology; get
back to roots- draw, paint make sandcastles. She's usually right; 
we'll be celebrating our 32nd anniversary on this trip.

6 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

It will be revitalizing!!! pretend you are a child or maybe better... a teenager...
funny how attached we all become to that wonderbox/computer... it is such an entertainment..

I hope you two have the most restful holiday.. and Happy Anniversary!!!!! 32 years.. you guys deserve an award.. you are good people!

Love the photoshoped photograph.. reminds me of a kaliadoscope!!! hey, "glassman"... perfect title!!

sarahelizabeth said...

Congrats on your anniversary! That is so amazing! And I think your wife is right--take a break from technology, it does a body good! That's what I did at the beginning of the summer and it worked for me.

I love the photograph as well.

have a great trip!

William Evertson said...

Thank you Gwen for your comments and the side project. Sarah, thanks also, I know I was concerned when you went off grid for awhile. It seems you came back with renewed energy for your work. Perhaps it will be the same here. Fingers crossed.

sandy said...

ohhhh happy anniversary- 32 years ...great

...I'm at 37....

Lovely image...I like it a lot.

Have a great time and relax - and don't answer that phone okay??

Victoria Cummings said...

Have a wonderful time, sans technology - and Happy Anniversary to you and Karen! Don't worry about the blog - we'll all still be here when you return.

William Evertson said...

Thanks Victoria-as it turned out I didn't even have cell service. But the 92 year old mother and 13 year old black lab survived and no one had had left messages that couldn't wait. Plus, I'm back refreshed and full of new ideas/directions.