Monday, August 18, 2008

Writing on the Wall



Bittersweet to return home after a nice vacation. I did  miss
my technology; as it turned out we were so far off the grid
I didn't even have cell phone coverage. So updating a blog
via iPhone wasn't going to happen, nor checking email. In 
fact I only got in two painting sessions. Karen loves this; get
Bill to hike, bike, canoe until he drops. I admit to being a 
weekend warrior in the exercise department, but my wife
always thinks I'm still 25, bless her heart. So every muscle 
is sore, but telling me she is right, as usual. So today was
like this: mow lawn, run out of gas, pick up gas, food shop,
do laundry, pick up the dog, return calls and emails, sort
mail, gasp at the bills, and finally sit down and do a quick
30 minute photoshop work to remind myself of myself. 

7 comments:

sarahelizabeth said...

Welcome home, and I love the artwork. Thanks for taking my survey, I appreciate your feedback!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Fun Descriptions, Bill... I love what you have done with this image.. surreal...and restful... can that be?

It's a beauty!!!

sandy said...

Great piece you put up. Sounds like you have a busy but great vacation, now back to reality.

I love the colors in this.

Unknown said...

I love the contrast between your before and after vacation pics. Before you are crazed, after- serene. I can relate. Try to hang onto that vacation serenity as long as you can!

Mineke Reinders said...

Yes, this looks more serene despite your description of chores to do.. That vacation must have done you good :) This is a wonderful image, complex yet serene. Sometimes the things we do in 30 minutes are the best - but they are the culmination of all that went into it before, of course.

William Evertson said...

Thanks to everyone- i'm glad I haven't lost anyone. Yes I'm less anxious. In fact I've been spending spare time working on another handmade artist book. More to come.

Victoria Cummings said...

I can see by the new artwork that your vacation was good for you. Welcome back! We missed you.