Tuesday, July 29, 2008

12-13-14-15 and Cover



Final post on the book. I suppose I have to move on to some 
new works. I realize I never showed the cover. It is a very
thick handmade paper that is heavily embossed with
symbols that at first resemble letters, but.. aren't.

Page 14 contains an ancient page element, a brief colophon and
The missing cut outs turned into dice from page 5. Page 15 
contains a final quote and an image I created from a dust
filter in Photoshop. There is a page 16, which contains the 
last of the embossed prime numbers 73,79,83. 




Page 12 comprises of a revisit to the Cage musical notation, river and 
two quotes. Page 13 reveals the rest of the picture that was hinted
at under the gutter at page 4. 

4 comments:

sarahelizabeth said...

I absolutely LOVE the cover! Such great work on the book! Thank you for your comment on my blog.

William Evertson said...

Thanks Sarah for being an inspiration.

sandy said...

I LOVE THIS!!! Beautiful work Bill. And that quote about the field...great.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Do I love this!!!Every page gives a new thought pattern...

and I love the statement in the picture at the bottom.. sort of like "seat of the pants" creating... That's what we do!! sure does make one feel free!!