Friday, March 20, 2009

March Hares


March Hares and White Rabbits

Vernal Equinox, the beginning of Spring, and not a moment
to soon. A change from shoveling our "mixed precipitation" to
to working our gardens (mind gardens included). March Hares
or White Rabbits - what suits my mood today? This morning "I'm
late, I'm late" but yesterday I was at Alice's mad tea party during
my visit with my 93 year old mom. My ancient ones dementia
has me puzzling the fragile nature of memory.



Kali Devours Time
(Tibetan wall hanging - collection of the artist)

I was following Sarah Elizabeth's blog yesterday as
she presented a link for artists to participate in
the "A Book About Death" project. This is an open
invitation to submit an image in postcard format
concerning any aspect of death. I'm not quite which
old wounds to reopen but I will be contributing to
the project. Perhaps it may be time to replay one of
the saddest times in my life. Karen and I had just
moved to NYC and three of our best friends there
died within a year. Two were artists and one a
musician. One from leukemia, one suicide and one
auto accident. All so different, all so sad and so much
guilt over being alive. Perhaps time to make an
art memorial and let it go.

3 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

our mind likes to have its way with us sometimes... cool project.. I'll look forward to where you go with it...

MATTHEW ROSE said...

Hello and thank you Bill, for posting this. And for posting your story. I added it to the group wall on FaceBook.

There is a great deal of interest in this project across the planet.

All the best, Matthew

Nader Shenouda said...

I am very sorry for your friends!

Its been a while that I have been here, so I see that you changed the design of your site, like it this way.

I,ll be following this project, very interesting.

Take care and appreciate your comments