Monday, January 14, 2008

Rusi changes?


I started with this version, which I printed large,
about 12" x 50" but a year later I am not happy.
I suppose this is why my blog is "Under Construction"


I've never presented a work in progress before.  
  I've combined two images and am impressed
by the initial result.  I worked Rusi before but haven't
been satisfied that I've conveyed the initial astonishment
of seeing the original presentation by candle light.
I think I have to go with a black and white image.  

This is Rusi, I first met him in a Nang shadow
puppet theater in Thailand.  Nang is a traditional
shadow performance with Buddhist and Hindu 
influences.  The themes concern Karma.  Rusi
is a hermit you might encounter in the forest.
Unfortunately, he knows everything about you.

A  forest where I have met Rusi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't change Rusi. I like him the way he is.
OK nevermind, go ahead and change him. I'm curious to see how he evolves...
just as Im sure you are curious as to how my basement evolves...