Monday, January 21, 2008

You Are What You Eat



This seal is another from my collection. This is
"Brush is flying, Ink is Dancing". It shows Hotei
not with his usual bag but with a mandala. Unusual.



Monkey

I needed a break from so much computer work, so I
went back to an idea I had concerning my sumi-e.
Make a series of animals that caution me that you
are what you eat, along with other 'unwanted' advice.
The thing about sumi-e is that it is alternatively
immediately satisfying to put brush to paper, but
frustrating to produce anything of worth.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! your blog is looking really nice! I love the combination of art and artifacts. A work of art in and of itself...

sarahelizabeth said...

Just got your postcards today and they are very interesting. One of the favorite things I've received so far. Thanks so much. I posted them to my blog. Will also be linking to your blog and sending you something back in the mail soon. Take care,

Anonymous said...

Dancing pears-love it!

sandy said...

I really like this, the technique, etc. I had more time this morning to look through some of your blog. Very nice.

sasndy