Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sidetrack



Ornamental Grass

On my way from A to B to C I blinked and ended up at 9. Life
would be much simpler if I could just use both sides of my brain
sometimes. I've got two projects that I'd like to devote some
creative flow to but I ended up exploring a tributary. I've got
my Landfillarts hubcap and I've got my idea. Plus I've got my
postcard idea for "A Book About Death". Over the weekend
I posted a short story inspired by Ray Johnson's mail art.
(On the right side of my blog). I decided my postcard would
involve a photo of the tableau that the story brought to my
mind. Yesterday I began experimenting with some exposures
I wanted to use. One shot was an ornamental grass at the
side of a pond. Nothing to do whatsoever to do with autos or
mail art; more about random camera exposures.



Nest

After a bit of drawing, filtering, extracting it became a
nest. So, from hubcaps to Ray Johnson to plovers. Today is
a new day so perhaps I can back track a little and find
where my train of thought derailed. Humm? - trains? ;)

5 comments:

jafabrit said...

ah HAH! that explains the postcard that is on it's way. :)

Sounds like a cool project.

Mineke Reinders said...

From hubcap to ornamental grass to birds' nest, back to hubcap... The bird's nest mirrors the shape of the hubcap perfectly. Once something takes up residence in your mind, it comes out everywhere after a while. These are wonderful images.

William Evertson said...

Hi Jafa-My book about death postcard is still in my head so I'll probably send another for the time being. You should think about a submission. Mineke you're so right, I didn't realize I've got circular formats on the mind.

Gwen Buchanan said...

ohhhhh Bill, I think you should continue to follow your intuition... and go wherever your mind wants.... this nest is amazing... wow!!! perfect translation!!!

jafabrit said...

Not sure about that Bill, it looks like a great project but I seem rather distracted at the moment. so I am going to sit back and enjoy what you and others come up with.