Thursday, July 24, 2008

pages8,9,10 and 11


Laura's recent post asked a question about how the progression
of the pages were thought out. My approach to this book was
one of accepting chance but also thinking about how the flow 
of the book would resolve. I think about how each page opens
and what the viewer will see. Will it mesh? Will it mesh with 
the overall feeling? Although this is a purely visual book, there
has to be a beginning, middle and end. Resolve.


Pages 8 and 9 form the center of the book. Very sparse, but intentional, 
to focus attention to the power of the randomly selected but powerful
phrases, the stream and transparent nature of the paper.

3 comments:

laura said...

Hi Bill. I like the {metaphoric and literal?!} thread(s) running across the pages; it's also nice to see the ghost image from the other side of the paper! Did I say this last time: watching this develop is a unique, measuredly intense pleasure.

William Evertson said...

Thanks for seeing the thread - the river and prime numbers as well as to appreciate paper choice in a book. Most would choose a thicker paper so as not to show the present and the future. I appreciate your view and comments. Very astute.

Gwen Buchanan said...

I know I am suppose to look at the book as a whole, but the top page on the right...... Am I ever taken with it!!!