Sunday, July 6, 2008

Letterpress


So this is our first project - collaborate with someone at random. One sorts
through the image selection of the Wesleyan collection and one sets type.
Words of our own choice. My collaboration with Carol. It took a long time 
to set the jump jumble, but the result was worth it. A nice call and response.
There are six more cards in this series. Plus the cover, which you have a
sense of from my last post. We are making individual covers. Our next project
will be much more complex now that some of us are taking advantage of 
open studio time on these presses. I'm a little sad that you can't feel the paper,
because it has a slight impression, so that there is a tactile feel not available 
to us computer people. Plus the choice of paper, etc. I'm making books!
So busy crazy until at least Friday. Best Love to all who post.


1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

I love it , and the fact that it is exciting to you... Bill...