Thursday, July 10, 2008

Letterpress


This turn of events, this new exploration will take several posts to
unravel. Like the onion, many layers exist. I've finished my three
week intensive of artists books. I'm encouraged by my toe dipping
into this world. What I learned was not able to measure. To show
something on a wall, under glass, is one thing; to hold and require
the receiver to respond is another. Don't touch when we visit a
museum, but artist books can be touched. They are made to be 
unfolded and unraveled. So to begin telling this art saga I will reveal 
title page - observe the ghost of type and image to come due to the
paper choice.
  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

no fair
you say we can touch, hold, unfold and unravel
(when it comes to books I would have to add smell)
yet, you are denying us all of the above
and how long will you wait to unveil?
you're killin' me!
;~)

William Evertson said...

I admit that trying to convey a tactile bool on this blog is a fools exercise. But this fool will try over the next week or so. But you are in luck. You live so close we can have a wine and cheese (but clean hands, please) look at the original. I have enough source material to produce another two books unless something goes horribly wrong. I'll get my original back later this month and perhaps we could arrange a small wine and cheese opening (clean hands, please) of this book.

Nader Shenouda said...

Hello Bill,
Is it a book you are working on, I hope I understood well!!

So Good Luck!!!

Keep me updated when it is published!

Oh and if you reaaly do trees tests I'll be happy to post them on my Blog http://paintingartworks.blogspot.com

laura said...

Hm. E. K. Setsod has the look of an anagram ... I'm hopeless at them, but I'm going to try to figure it out.

William Evertson said...

Doudy- this is an artist object, not a publication. Laura - you are on the right track, but we are not so clever asa to use an anagram.

laura said...

hm. And I had just settled on "Dost Seek."

sandy said...

This looks SO interesting. I don't have time right now to read all the posts, but I'll be back.

s

sandy said...

Bill....I went through all the pages and I'm so intrigued by the whole thing!. What a work of art, wow. These are great and I want it to not end...