Friday, May 22, 2009

Miles to Go...


Diver ©evertson (version '09)

Only a few days left to participate in Rhizome's pixel billboard,
community builder and fundraiser. Rhizome is a premier site
for following new media. If you are blogging you just might be
interested. I added this "diver" and a linkback as part of their
fundraising collage.


dive suit photo ©evertson 2005

My diver began his artistic reinvention when I took the photo above
at a maritime museum on Lake Ontario. I'll save more on this piece
for a later post as he will show up as an element in a digital collage
for the Eclipse Gallery 50/50/50 Exhibition this fall.


Detail form "Wish You Were Here" ©evertson 09

I haven't posted my finished project from "A Book About Death"
because it's continuing to evolve. I mentioned I wrote a short story
and that led to my image for the exhibit. One last detail I was
struggling with was the organizers suggestion to include the
exhibition title to our works. I decided to take my drop shadow
displacement idea from last post and add a tattoo title. More
on this piece later. Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone!


4 comments:

MATTHEW ROSE said...

Hello Bill, I like the evolution of your work, your thinking and your writing about it all. One point I should make, however, is that you are not obligated to put the phrase in the art work, but on the card. It can be somewhere small on the back. I do like the way you've used it here, though. MR

William Evertson said...

Thank you for the comment Matthew. I have seen that some artists have added the phrase to the back; I wanted to play a bit to see if I could make it work as part of the art.

Ria Vanden Eynde said...

Wow, I think it's gonna be good, can't wait to see the finished card!

William Evertson said...

Thanks Ria - I'm doing some hand work on the cards so I had them shipped to my studio for a brief "visit"; but I hope to send them back off in a week or so.