Sunday, February 10, 2008

Maintenance


Karens' latest weaving is going to blow people away.   A wonderful collection of color 
and a difficult rep weave. A table runner. For Karen, I believe weaving is a survival art.
A type of art, that if you don't do it, your day job consumes you.  My wife has been in
the mental health field for way too many years.  Currently with the state; as opposed to 
non-profits, her life is a pressure cooker.  Plus she married an artist.  Her latest
work is her most ambitious in the last couple of years since we bought the loom.  I
think her journey to rediscover her inner artist brings something special to this
Valentines day. Plus I think she will finish soon so we can invite Teri P and 
family over.  




Some days we just need to do some maintenance.  In Teri's last comment
she mentioned that I should get busy framing my Winter series.  A perfect
excuse to invite my diabolic friend over for a meal and some wine.  I say diabolic
because I kept coming back to her latest art post and wanted to comment.  
I probably went to her site fifteen times trying to un-spool what she 
was getting at with the image and title.  Finally, I realize that once again 
she has hijacked me, for her own nefarious purpose; driving me crazy.  Good 
fun, I think I'll resort to some childless prank, like pasting her head on Dr. Evil.
So, I'm busy matting these three pieces today. I can't wait to see her face
when I hand her a glass of wine and it's beer.

5 comments:

laura said...

Karen's weaving is beautiful--love the colors. Weaving has always fascinated me; such a contemplative art.

Rising Rainbow said...

I think weaving must be soothing.

William Evertson said...

Thanks for visiting and I agree Karen has been working on some beautiful projects. I'll post more of her work from time to time. Contemplative and soothing with the occasional fit of cursing coming from her studio. I know thats not the best time to see what she's up to.

sarahelizabeth said...

Wow that weaving looks really hard. It's weird that I came across this post, because I am currently taking a weaving class, and I am really stressing over a weaving that I'm doing right now--my first one. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be (especially loading the loom!)

William Evertson said...

Karen doesn't have her own account but this is her comment. I have been weaving off and on for many years, and still think of myself as a beginner. I take classes and am continually blown away by the other members of my class. Loading (warping) the loom is for me, the most time consuming part of the process. This most recent project took several weeks of spare time to warp and probably two days to weave. It was full of miss deeds and do overs before I got it right.