Friday, February 8, 2008

Maple


Finally - I feel vindicated; my friend Teri suggested that I do  some
ten minute pix.  Some real pressure, don't over think, just bang out
 your best.  I have taken to heart in my attempt to produce three
pieces, based on some photos shot after an ice storm with some 
great light the next day.  Thanks Teri - I came up with a great 
series.  And yes I threw out about twenty failures.  Still, the lesson
remains and promise to abandon bad ideas and trust instinct. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice series- I expect to see them framed and hanging next time we are over

sarahelizabeth said...

Great work! And also, that work you liked on my blog was mine. Unfortunately I didn't get that in the mail, although it would have been nice to get something that size!

laura said...

These snow pictures are beautiful; I especially Dogwood Veins--the image puzzles me, and it's so evocative. I think your friend Teri had a good suggestion--I'm often stymied by apprehension or uncertainty before I even begin, hoping for some dazzling final product! I tell myself that everythign I do should be practice, but I don't always listen!! (ps Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!)