Sunday, March 9, 2008

Wren


Wren on Bamboo : 12" x 19"

Having a hard time deciding what to post.  On one hand I've got this
photoshop collage of men in gas masks ascending a Times square 
subway, but it's two years old; on the other I got a wren perched in bamboo.  
Both nice works.  Just hard to believe that they are produced by the same 
artist. I went with the wren.  We have developed a rather large contingent
of wrens that populate our 1.5 acre plot of earth we call our 'own'.
Well, our usually well stocked bird feeder is the answer.  Complicated
little birds that I can observe at length as a day passes.  I'll return
to the photo collage work soon.  My best advisor, my wife Karen, thinks 
that I shouldn't publish older works, unless relevant to a new. Also, check 
out my friend Sarah - she has posted an interpretation of her children and a niece.  
I'm wondering with the Kids project whether we go off our usual art or keep our
artist eye. Are we sentimental?  Can we project personality? Perhaps
show what hasn't fallen far from the tree?

4 comments:

Trée said...

Gorgeous render. Serene. Fresh. Clean. Peaceful. Good work!

Unknown said...

I love this little guy.
I also like your idea about posting images of our kids. I have been following the links to your readers' blogs. I have an idea of one I want to do of Curt and Jut, just haven't found the time yet.
Thanks for the inspiration though! Maybe a good vacation project.

William Evertson said...

Thanks tree (where do I get the proper e for your name?) Teri - I can't wait - I was visiting your Red Barn blog and loved the last post. Great work and comments.

Mineke Reinders said...

I love wrens! This is beautiful, I'm glad you decided to post it.

It's funny how people differ about "old work". My husband keeps old paintings of mine on his website and I am forever trying to persuade him to replace them with something more recent.

There is a little program called "Character Map" where you can find virtually any character - like the é - that you might need. I use it all the time.